Red Rock Rover Sling Pack Review
Last Updated on September 24, 2020
What’s an everyday carry bag? Well, it’s a pack that goes wherever you go. It’s a bag that will constantly be by your side (or on your back) stuffed with your daily essentials.
With this in mind, such a bag need not be too big, right? And it’s even better if it’s lightweight. But most importantly, it has got to be durable. This bag should be able to take a beating every day yet return home in the evening unperturbed, ready to do it all over again the next day.
If you’re in search for the perfect everyday carry bag, I might suggest the handy little companion from Red Rock Outdoor Gear called the Rover Sling Pack. It roves around with you, hanging over your shoulder onto your back. And just like the perfect daily pack, it’s lightweight and durable. Here’s the Red Rock Rover Sling Pack Review.
3V Gear Velox II Large Tactical Assault Backpack
CVLIFE Outdoor Tactical Backpack
Features of Red Rock Rover Sling Pack
Compact and Lightweight
Everything about it screams portability. With dimensions of 5.5 inches by 11.5 inches by 8 inches, the Rover sling bag bears a small frame.
And with an even smaller weight of about 1.6 pounds, this bag is perfect for carrying your basic tactical gear for a short expedition. If you’re camping and want to go on a short hike, stuff this bag with what you’ll need and get going.
600 Denier Polyester
The red rock rover sling pack is made of a 600 denier polyester which, in short, means it’s very durable. This polyester is capable of withstanding the harsh outdoor environment yet still holds your gear nicely inside it.
The tactical bag won’t wear quickly and will take a battering without showing signs of strain. Another quality denier polyester endows this bag with is a waterproof capability. You could be out in the rain, but it won’t allow water to penetrate into the bag and damage your items.
The Molle Webbing allows you to expand the storage compartments of this bag by attaching extra pouches onto it. You could attach a holster pouch if you’re a pistol carrier, a knife pouch- of course, you need a knife while in the outdoors.
You could also add a flashlight pouch or a pouch for carrying a water bottle. The point is, you can attach whatever you like, and that’s all thanks to the Molle.
You might not need the Molle attachments, however, as this bag has got enough compartments for most of your needs.
There are 2 zippered compartments on the front, one zippered pouch inside the main compartment, two other pouches on the inside and a snap closure concealed carry pocket on the back panel.
You can carry anything from a first aid kit, binoculars, and ammunition to your phone charger or iPad. The Red Rock Rover Sling Pack will accommodate it all; nothing will be left behind.
The highlight of any sling pack is the single strap that makes the bag easy to carry. The highlight of the Red Rock Rover Sling Pack is that the strap is ambidextrous.
This means that it will comfortably lay over either your right or left shoulder. Whichever way you carry it, the pack will remain secure and comfortable.
You can run with it on your back without it swinging uncontrollably. If you need to reach in for something, the strap allows the bag to swing round to your front swiftly.
Read More Specifications & Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
- The Rover Sling Pack is compact and lightweight making it ideal for carrying for your daily needs.
- Despite its small size, it has a number of compartments that will fit your daily essentials from your tactical gear to your iPad or phone.
- The 600 denier polyester is a strong material that can withstand harsh environments.
- Red Rock Rover Sling Pack also made this pack water resistant and should keep your items dry when exposed to rain.
- When the compartments in the pack are full, you can add more pouches using the Molle webbing all over the bag.
- The ambidextrous strap allows you to carry the bag over either the left or right shoulder.
- The strap is also wide and comfortable, keeping your shoulder from feeling a strain from the weight of the bag.
- This bag is only water resistant to a certain level. Exposing the bag to water for a prolonged period will mean water will start to seep into it.
- Some of the Molle on the bag begin to come off after some time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this bag hold a 15-inch laptop?
A: Perhaps not. It can accommodate a 10 inch iPad, but a 15-inch laptop might be too big to fit.
Q: How many color options are there for the Rover Sling Pack?
A: You can choose from the ACU, Coyote, Olive Drab and Woodland Digital options.
This bag is certainly ideal for your day to day use. For the tactical lifestyle, you can use it to complement your bigger tactical backpack. The durability of this bag is astounding, and the comfort is perfect for an everyday carry pack.
With all the compartments it has, you won’t have to worry about leaving anything behind. And with the Molle webbing, attach more pouches to ensure you carry more gear.
Its highlight, however, is the comfortable ambidextrous strap that hangs over either the left or right shoulder. All these make for an excellent tactical pack, no doubt. And, of course, it’s highly affordable. What more could you ask for?
Check Price & Buy From Amazon.com, Now!
- G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack Review
- Best Tactical Knife – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Best Tactical Watches – Review & Buying Guide
- Best Tactical Backpack – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Best Tactical Flashlight – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Best Tactical Cap – Reviews with Buying Guide
- Best Tactical Knee Pads – Reviews with Buying Guide
- Best Camping Folding Chair – Reviews with Buying Guide
- Best Camping Survival Knife – Reviews with Buying Guide
- Best Tactical Gears | Tactical Gears Lab
Hi, I am John Campbell, an outdoor enthusiast. Just like you, I value the habitat, heritage and tradition of great outdoors. I do my best to make sure the correct research, writing, and photo are shown on Tacticalgearslab.com. Indeed, I am committed to preserving a great online experience for you.