Last Updated on September 26, 2020
How to Stay Safe While Climbing: There is no doubt that climbing is such an adventurous sport that is beneficial for both body and soul. But yes, it is dangerous and much challenging as well. Without proper knowledge and training, it may fall your life in danger. Even having no suitable gears for climbing, may also be a cause for endangering your life. A beginner has to be careful enough for every single step.
A single error may be enough to break all the safeguards. So prepare yourself. It would be best if you discussed that matter with an experienced pro climber so that you can get proper tips for climbing. Here in this article, we are just providing you some fundamental and most essential tips which will keep you safe while climbing.
How to Stay Safe While Climbing
1. First, encourage yourself with positive vibes so that you can remove all the fears from the mind. Never lose hope. A strong and positive mentality will produce enough confidence in yourself, which is like having completed half of the task. Take your decision by using your knowledge.
2. You have to carry enough gear or maybe more. You have to verify how many rope or other equipment you have to carry. Sometimes simply lackings a particular gear may be a cause to fall your life in danger. So, carry all those gears which you need, and your trainer recommends.
3. Here now it’s time to check your climbing gears. You have to be sure about what you are taking along with you.
- Check both the belayer’s and climber’s harness buckles that are doubled back. And also check that the leg loops are snug as well.
- Make sure that you are carrying all safety costumes.
- Wear your climbing Helmet all the time. The main part of our body is the head that maintains the balance of our whole body. So as a protection of your head, a helmet is mandatory.
- Check that you tie up the perfect knot with an additional backup knot.
- Use the GPS to locate your place. In the time of mountain climbing, it is essential to locate a place.
- You should carry a satellite phone as well for the emergency. For example, where you are climbing, there is a network problem issue. And you have to call someone urgently. At that time you will badly need a satellite phone.
- Make sure your rope is long enough because to reach the anchors safely, the long rope is necessary. But if your rope is not large enough, then you may tie a safety knot at the bottom to avoid being dropped at land.
- Use carabiners on quickdraws to clip your rope correctly.
- Always communicate with your partners. Talk to them. Encourage each other.
- Never be distracted from your aiming point. Pay enough attention to everything on your costumes, body structure, even on your food. You have to gain a good body shape to climb over the mountains.
- Learn the route. Proper knowledge of the mountain’s route will not only reduce the risk but also make you climbing easier.
4. Some other essentials are also providing enough safety to a climber. You may carry them.
- You may carry a personal first aid kit.
- You also may carry a cell phone for an emergency.
- You may carry an extra rope and other gears.
- You also may carry a headlamp
- A bear canister is also an important essential both for you and the environment.
Many climbers are always doing something different in every next climbing than previous climbing. They always gather new experiences. But as a beginner in your first climbing, if you want to explore those areas, it may be risky for you. So don’t be over-excited. Keep patience.
Here in this article, we are trying to provide you some very basic tips on how you can stay safe at the time of climbing. We hope that such tips will help you to minimize the risks. You have to follow them along with your knowledge of training. You may also discuss the matter with a pro mountain climber. Wish you have safe climbing.
You may also like to read