As a hunter you know how crucial is it to wear a pair of best waterproof hunting boots that are comfortable and lightweight. Whether you are trekking through the mountain trail, thick brush, marshland, or snake territory, a great pair of hunting boot will effectively get you to there.
The boots will keep you stay focused on your hunt into the woods. But all of the options available on the market from different manufacturers and brands, it is a challenging task to choose the best hunting boots.
So, how do you pick the best hunting boots for your next hunting trip? If you are about to make a purchase or you don’t know what you need, these reviews with buying guide will help you.
Quick Answer – Waterproof Hunting Boots
1. Irish Setter Wingshooter Waterproof Hunting Boot
2. Irish Setter Vaprtrek Waterproof Hunting Boot
3. Timberland PRO Boondock Waterproof Hunt Boot
4. Irish Setter Vaprtrek Waterproof Hunting Boot
5. Irish Setter Elk Tracker Waterproof Hunting Boot
6. Timberland PRO Boondock Soft-Toe Waterproof Hunt Boot
7. Irish Setter Wingshooter Waterproof Hunting Boot
8. Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot
9. Timberland PRO Boss Alloy-Toe Waterproof Hunt Boot
10. Northside Renegade Waterproof Hunting Boot
Review of the Best Waterproof Hunting Boots
Are you searching for a remarkable hunting boot which is comfortable and waterproof? Yes! If you are going for hunting or hiking or such adventurous activities, you seriously need a quality pair of boots.
Our reviewed boots will enhance your hiking or hunting experience to an extreme level. We have come up with a list of ten best waterproof hunting boots to make your decision easy. And you will also find the buying guide handy while in the market. So, what are we waiting for? Lets read, happy shopping!
1. Irish Setter Men’s 808 Wingshooter Waterproof 9″ Upland Hunting Boot
This classic looking leather upper made hunting boots come with waterproof protection for complete weatherproofing and superior comfort plus moisture management lining.
They are full-grain leather upper made with Irish Setter’s patented UltraDry technology for complete weatherproofing. The Men’s 808 Wighshooter is popular among its users for its rich colored leather, iconic white prairie sole, and the fit.
If you are a serious hunter, these stylish leather hunting boots are for you. They have great support and can withstand every kind of weather, even burns from the welds.
The key features of these boots are: they maintain waterproofness and comfortable, able to stand and work all day without discomfort and quality laces.
- Leather upper made, Rubber sole
- Removable Polyurethane footbed
- contrast-stitched moccasin toe & lace-up vamp with speed-lace hardware at top
- Prairie sole reduces weight, provides underfoot cushioning
- UltraDry Waterproofing technology
- Counter: Heel-Molded. Height:9-inch
- They feel stiffer and narrower than previous models
- This is not perfect for the slippery environment
2. Irish Setter Men’s 2870 Vaprtrek Waterproof 8″ Hunting Boot
The Irish Setter VaprTrek Boots have excellent hunting footwear features that will power up your hunting game. The VaprTrek has the performance of hiking boots and the flexibility of an athletic shoe.
This camo hunting boot offers you outstanding athletic performance without compromising traction and balance, and thus you always stay confident on the trail. You can now walk through swamps, shallow water bodies, creeks, and marshes ensuring dry feet at all times.
The VaprTrek has come up with patented RPM composite sole material technology, specially engineered to minimize weight from the boots so they are 40 percent lighter than standard big game footwear available on the market.
They also feature ScentBan technology to kill odor-causing bacteria. The UltraDry waterproofing system protects the feet in moisture condition.
You can walk through shallow bodies of water ensuring dry feet at all times. The shaft measures approximately seven inches from the arch for support and protection around the feet.
- Synthetic upper, rubber sole
- RPM composite technology reduces weight
- UltraDry waterproofing system
- Shaft measures approximately 7 inches from arch
- ScentBan scent control
- Real-tree Xtra Camouflage
- Too tight around the toes
3. Timberland PRO Men’s Boondock Composite-Toe Waterproof Hunt Boot
These are without hesitation the most comfortable boots available on the web. Timberland PRO’s work boots are known for their comfort and weather-defying performance.
It comes with anti-Fatigue technology, waterproof guard, and rugged weather-ready outsoles to make the Timberland PRO most trusted. For increased abrasion resistance and durability, it also features Molded Timberland PRO rubber toe protector.
The Boondock work boots are the ultimate companion for anyone who is working long hours. This is also lightweight, single boot weight for size nine is about 2.50 pounds.
The Boondock men’s work boots come with Ever-Guard leather and molded rubber toe protectors to provide you abrasion-resistant performance.
These waterproof hunting boot also features lightweight cushioning and strong lug outsoles to overcome any job site. It offers dual-purpose top hardware for instant lacing customization, and composite safety toe shaped on TiTAN that lasts for non-metallic protection and a superior fit.
While the cement heel construction and stiff external heel cup for lateral stability. Its Dual-density thermal plastic urethane outsole offers deep lugs for traction and abrasion-resistant.
- Leather and Textile upper, rubber sole
- Mid-high work boot featuring premium waterproof membrane
- dual-purpose top hardware for instant lacing
- Shaft measures approximately 8″ from arch
- Heel measures approximately 2″
- Molded rubber toe protector
- A bit heavy and fits wide
- Not a great option for the wet condition
4. Irish Setter Men’s 2875 Vaprtrek Waterproof 17″ Hunting Boot
The Irish Setter 2875 Vaprtrek hunting boot is a strong competitor on the market because they are made with some of the best technologies currently used for the construction of camo hunting boots.
This Irish Setter exclusive hunting boot offers waterproofing system, ScentBan odor technology for killing bacteria that causes odors and ArmaTec abrasion resistant protective covering.
The Irish Setter 17-Inch VaprTrek Waterproof hunting boot also offers to breathe easy with the all-around security and protection.
If you are looking for a best waterproof hunting boot that is full of features to improve your hunting experience, then the Irish Setter Men’s 2875 Vaprtrek is strongly recommended.
The most attractive feature of this boot is the Snake Guard construction. It is very vital to protect your feet when you are hunting in regions where you might meet snakes or thorns.
The VaprTrek by Irish Setter is engineered with RPM technology that significantly decreases the weight of the boot, and provides extreme comfort and added endurance. Besides, the UltraDry technology provides waterproofing ability so you can have dry and warm feet every time.
- Leather and synthetic upper, Rubber sole
- Full grain waterproof leather
- Lightweight RPM technology
- UltraDry Waterproofing system
- SnakeGuard construction to impede fangs, thorns
- ScentBan technology
- These are not a great option for wet condition
- A bit tight around the ankles
5. Irish Setter Men’s 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof Big Game Hunting Boot
The Irish Setter Elk Tracker hunting boots are one of the most durable and rugged boots available on the market. This good-looking pair of Irish Setters Men’s 882 Elk Tracker are made from the sturdiest leather material.
The tough leather upper and synthetic sole of this boot allows dependable use in all situations you may encounter as you hunt elk. It is a great challenger against rough topography and all types of weather. They have a top quality construction that is hard too much at this price.
The core feature of this pair of waterproof hunting boots is the exceptional insulation capacity which makes it a great boot for ultra-cold temperatures. It also comes with many well-known features.
The shaft of this boot come mid-shin, which makes it a huge support system when hunting elk. This boot uses a unique cork midsole that absorbs shocks and also keeps the weight down.
For warmth, this hunting boot features a 600 gram Thinsulate Ultra insulation that is thin and durable. The Elf Tracker 882 represents a durable and comfortable choice which is budget friendly and completely worth the money.
- Leather upper, Synthetic sole
- 600 gram 3M Thinsulate insulation
- Waterproof GORE-TEX fabric lining
- Removable comfort cork EVA footbed
- ScentBan technology to kill odor-causing bacteria
- Goodyear leather welt construction
- It is on a bit of a heavy side
6. Timberland PRO Men’s 8″ Boondock Soft-Toe Waterproof Hunt Boot
Since 1973 Timberland has set a new industry standard for craftsmanship and durability for authentic, waterproof leather boot.
The Timberland PRO Boondock – Men’s 8 inches Soft Toe Waterproof Work Boots have come up with some great features to impress you. The outsoles of the boots are resistant to slips, oils, and abrasions and they are designed to maximize traction in the cold weather.
Its Anti-Fatigue Technology absorbs shock and also returns power at key pressure zones of the feet for superior comfort and the cone structure also uses less material for a lighter feature.
The Timberland PRO Boondock – Men’s 8 inches hunting boot is manufactured of premium waterproof leather and waterproof membrane for dry feet.
For increased abrasion resistance and durability, it has patented Molded Timberland PRO rubber toe protector. It features Fiberglass shank for structural support outsole features a low-temperature formulation to increase traction on cold surfaces.
Lightweight and high-quality moisture-resistant insulation of this boots your keeps feet warm in any weather. And the antimicrobial treatment prevents and controls odors.
- Textile/Leather upper, Synthetic sole
- Antimicrobial mesh lining
- Heavy duty fiberglass shank ensures stability
- Shaft measures approximately 8.5 inches from arch
- Heel measures about 1.75 inches
- Platform measures approximately 1 inch
- Too warm for summer wear
- Toe wears out fast
7. Irish Setter Men’s 838 Wingshooter Waterproof Upland Hunting Boot
If you are a bird hunter and looking for a waterproof, lightweight, this boot is crafted for the most demanding bird hunter like you.
The Irish Setter Men’s 838 Wingshooter boot features a full-grain, waterproof leather upper, combined with patented UltraDry technology for complete weatherproofing. While it’s Prairie sole reduces weight, and provides underfoot cushioning and excellent traction in any upland terrain.
This strong hunting boot combines durable full-grain waterproof leather uppers with Goodyear Welt Construction for strength and stability.
Moisture-wicking nylon linings and 100% waterproof patented UltraDry technology keep your feet dry and comfortable, season after season.
The removable PU footbeds and stiff steel shanks offer welcome cushioning and stable support all hunt long. Its famous white prairie sole is a verified performer. Its average weight per pair is about 3 pounds, and average height is 7 inches.
- Leather upper made, Synthetic sole
- Speed-lacing system and contrast moc-toe stitching
- Moisture-wicking nylon lining
- Steel support shank and heel molded counter
- EVA midsole reduces weight
- 100% waterproof UltraDry technology
- The width is too narrow for a standard boot
- These are not an excellent option for winter
8. Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot
Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot by Baffin is the part of Baffin’s Huntsman series that offers a range of cold and wet weather protection.
These good-looking boots have some interior lining to keep you warm during minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit rating for the coldest days.
Truly speaking, the Hunter Waterproof boot is a classic Baffin Canadian made product that offers incredible features to satisfy you. This boot pair will keep you dry, comfortable and warm in a wide range of outdoor adventuring.
The Baffin Waterproof Hunter boot is perfect for doing low, moderate or high activities. You are sure to take on or off with ease with the new Baffin Hunter boot as it comes with a removable felt liner, waterproof nylon snow collar, and a fully molded Arctic rubber upper and outsole.
The sole and midsole of this boot are molded to the base in one continuous process, and this feature makes the shoes different from most lightweight hunting boots available in the market. They are lightweight too, weighs about 2.5 pounds.
- Rubber upper made, Rubber sole
- Textured toe guard & drawstring closure at nylon collar
- Boot opening measures approximately 17.25 inches
- Shaft measures approximately 13.25 inches from arch
- Heel measures about 1.5 inches
- Made in USA or Imported
- These boots are made huge
9. Timberland PRO Men’s AG Boss Pull-On Alloy-Toe Waterproof Hunt Boot
Timberland set a new industry standard for durability craftsmanship and protection since 1973. The Timberland Pro Men’s AG Boss hunting boot features ultimate comfort and waterproof job site protection.
Timberland has fame for using of both sustainable and recycled materials in its shoes, as well as its footwear packaging. As the leather and sole are pretty flexible, walking with wearing these boots is surprisingly cushioned. They are completely waterproof yet lightweight.
These comfortable and beautiful looking boots come with premium quality leather mesh lining with antimicrobial treatment for odor control and warm feet.
Its patented Thermoregulation Technology Lining helps the shoes to maintain a consistent comfort zone to provide you with long distance walking.
While the Technology Medial Shift Expansion Seam is for easy put on/off and the Dual-Density Dynamic Anti-Fatigue Technology helps to absorb shock and returns energy to the ankles with every step.
- Leather upper, Synthetic sole
- Waterproof full-grain leather upper
- Cement construction for reduced break-in time
- Shaft measures approximately 10 inches from arch
- Heel measures about 1.5 inches
- Steel safety toe shaped on TiTAN last for roomy fit
- Taking boots on and off is difficult
- A bit big around the leg
10. Northside Men’s Renegade 800 Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot
Great pair of boots! They are very comfortable and warm. The Northside renegade 800 waterproof boot provides rugged protection with durable leather made upper and daybreak camo nylon panels.
The Renegade 800 waterproof hunting boot has superior quality features such as better comfort, pleasant warmth, heel stabilization, excellent insulation covering, decent price and stylish looking. These hunting boots are built to withstand whatever you throw at them.
North side always tries to come up with the best product with attractive features to the customers. These insulated waterproof hunting boots easily fit into any environment, and you won’t feel discomfort even after walking for long hours.
These boots are available in the latest fashion, materials, and colors. The Northside Men’s Renegade 800 shoes offer flattering silhouettes with excellent features like toe guards, quick-draw lacing, and traction soles.
Besides, The Northside all-season footwear provides you the highlights of higher-priced brands, without the high price tag.
- Leather upper made, Synthetic sole
- 800 grams of Thinsulate insulation
- Padded collar for added comfort
- Shaft measures approximately 7.5 inches from arch
- Heel measures about 1.75 inches
- They aren’t warm enough for temps below freezing
- They are too broad for some reason
Buying Guide of Waterproof Hunting Boots
While you are in the market for choosing the best waterproof hunting boot, you should look for the following factors:
Most Common Boot Types
Certain boot types determine the durability of your hunting boots. Here is a quick list of the most common hunting boots and information about their sustainability.
Leather Boots: Leather boots are inexpensive and offer enough durability in a warmer environment. However, you need to take care of them to prevent prematurely wearing out.
Nylon Boots: Nylon boots are ideal for all-purpose hunting. They are durable enough and has a high thread count to keep your feet adequately insulated.
Multi-Purpose Boots: Multi-Purpose Boots offer the most adaptability and are the most commonly manufactured. They are engineered to be durable, waterproof and long-lasting.
Upland Boots: Upland boots are the most lightweight hunting boot in this list. For bird hunters, these boots are perfect option because they are quiet, and offer lightweight comfort when walking outdoors.
Lightweight hunting boots are made explicitly for dry climates. One quality pair of lightweight hunting boots successfully protects your ankle and feet while allowing the foot to breathe.
Many lightweight boots come with deep-lugged soles and provide friction and a solid grip. The higher end lightweight boots remain incredibly comfortable and warm while climbing.
They are comfortable because of the cushion provided and the soft fur in the shoe which can be found in most lightweight pairs. That is why it is better to go for lighter hunting boots rather than heavier ones.
To circulate air properly in and out of the boots is called breathability. This is something crucial to consider especially when you are getting waterproof boots.
Bad air ventilation results in the condensation of water vapor due to sweat on the inner side of your boots. Besides, bad breathability also causes bad odor as the sweat cannot be released into the environment.
Typically, high-quality best waterproof hunting boots utilize fabric with a membrane to pass air and water vapor into the atmosphere.
The higher the insulation, the warmer the boots will be. This factor is particularly significant if you hunt during winter and autumn. Even if you do not hunt during cold seasons, warm boots are as yet imperative because most hunting grounds are cold in the night.
Hunting boots incorporate Thinsulate to enhance the level of insulation. The higher the quantity of Thinsulate used, the warmer the shoes will be. However, a considerable amount of Thinsulate will make your boots stiff.
A good pair of boots is a critical piece of equipment while you are going for hunting. Based on our experts and customers reviews, it can be said that these boots are the best hunting boots for the cold weather of winter and autumn.
Choosing the best pair of hunting boot is not an easy task. We hope, this review list and the boot buying guide helped you in making the decision. Later on, your feet will thank you for purchasing a good pair of waterproof hunting boots.
You May Also Like to Read