Scientists mentioned that loss of 2% fluid of your body weight is enough to cause a significant decrease in performance. Having a water bottle cage means having trouble-free access to hydration.
Water bottle cages are indispensable items for your bike riding. Fluid refill is essential while you are on a long ride, and attaching a water bottle cage to your MTB is the ideal way to keep yourself hydrated.
This article will guide you with information to pick the best water bottle cage for mountain bike riding. We hope, these well-built water bottle holders will offer you easy access to your hydration.
Reviews of the Best Water Bottle Cage for Mountain Bike
A quality water bottle cage makes it simple to rehydrate when you need, without losing your fluid container over rough trails.
We made a list of lightweight plastic, aluminum alloy and carbon bottle cages for your consideration. These are specially designed to hold your water bottle or energy drink, and they are easy to install onto your bike frame so that you have easy access while riding.
We have also included a buying guide to assist you while purchasing. Now, you can choose the best model that grab your water bottle perfectly.
1. UShake Water Bottle Cages
UShake is committed to offering premium quality products to their customers. They come up with premium material, and manufacturing process made water bottle for extra strength and durability.
This best water bottle cage for mountain bike has arms that wrap around the hydration bottle for a secure hold, which also offers you to change the size to fit different size water bottles.
Its Anodic Oxidation feature maintains black surface for more durability and no scratches to your water bottles. These are well-built, lightweight, easy to install and work perfectly to hold all of your water bottles as you can bend them to fit slightly larger diameters.
With the purchase of these two pack bottle cage, you will get mounting screws and Allen wrench. It is lightweight, weighs only 2.1 oz each. This product covers by UShake’s ten years warranty.
- 6061-T5 heat-treated aluminum alloy
- The water bottle cage has arms that wrap around the bottle
- Durable yet light-weight weighs 2.1 oz (61g) each
- Anodic Oxidation for durability and no scratch
- Includes 4 screws for the bottle mount
- 26 OZ water bottle can fit snugly
- Ten years warranty
- Great for the occasional weekend rider, not for pro MTB riders
2. Bike Water Bottle Holder
PRO Bike Tool has its own profoundly experienced in-house design group who create the most wonderful and best-performing bicycle tools in the market.
This precision-engineered and slick bicycle bottle holder will be your reliable accomplice for your ride, safely holding your water bottle so you can remain hydrated and focus on your trip.
This is a keenly designed item that is very simple to install and will enable you to drink your water when you need it. It is a light-weight, good-looking and solid one-piece aluminum constructed water holder.
A lot of people appreciated the lightweight yet durable features and overall design of this fluid bottle cage. The bottle holder only weighs 48g.
This is a great bottle cage for mountain, road, hybrid & electric bicycles. It is easy to mount as it comes with stainless steel bolts. Purchase and stay hydrated for extra long rides. This item also covers lifetime warranty!
- CNC machined & heat-treated durable aluminum alloy
- Strong one-piece flexible design
- Powder coated finish and high tumble polished
- Lightweight 48g/1.69oz
- Stainless steel bolts (M5x0.8) included
- Lifetime Warranty
- It does not fit larger bottles
3. IBERA Bicycle Lightweight Aluminum Water Bottle Cage
IBERA always focuses on creating innovative equipment for recreational or serious mountain bike riders. This Aluminum made bottle cage will help you enjoy cycling with superior comfort and convenience while you are on a long ride.
This bottle cage is made out of 6061-T5 heat-treated aluminum plate. This type of aluminum material is typically used for the bicycle frames and components. It is well-built and looks expensive, and it comes in a much better design than a wire cage.
The IBERA Aluminum Water Bottle Cage is very lightweight, sturdy, and comes with mounting bolts, and most standard size water bottle fits perfect.
It is straightforward to install onto your bike’s frame, as each bottle cage comes with two screws, and a 3mm Hex wrench is needed to mount it. It also holds water bottle very well, does not feel it would fall out.
It works great with large water bottles, and the insulated kind. It is sturdy enough to withstand years of use. It’s simple and sleek design will impress you. This best water bottle cage is available in four colors to match your MTB.
- 6061-T5 heat-treated aluminum plate
- Extra strength oval-shaped design
- Comes with stainless bolts
- Top and bottom lips are reinforced for added strength
- Fits most standard-sized and over-sized bottles
- Available in 4 colors: Carbon Pattern, White in a glossy finish, Silver and Black in a matte finish
- It does not fit smaller bottles very well
4. FiveBox Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Bicycle Water Bottle Cage
The FiveBox bicycle water bottle cage is made of lightweight, sturdy Aluminum Alloy super nicely. It will hold an average-sized water bottle perfectly. It is super easy to put onto your bike frame.
This cage has arms that wrap around the water bottle for a secure and firm hold. You don’t have to think about falling out during a bumpy trail ride.
Its light and durable design are effective in reducing weight for long-distance MTB biking. This pack of water bottle cage is especially needed for long rides.
You may need more than one water bottle to keep you hydrated. It comes with two cages for an affordable price. Because of the simple design, it easy to take the water bottle out and putting it back.
It comes with 4 steel bolts for easy installing to the bike frame. Since it is made out of an aluminum alloy, it does not add extra weight to your bike, which is particularly crucial for pro riders.
- Made of durable and extra strength Aluminum Alloy
- Standard size screws for water bottle mount
- The water bottle cage has arms
- Fits most water bottle cages.
- Bottle accessible from multiple angles
- Size: 60mmx95mmx150mm and weighs 100g
- It doesn’t hold normal size sports water bottles
5. i-Summer Water Bottle Cages
The i-Summer Water Bottle Cages are incredibly durable yet light-weight and made from PE + aluminum alloy. The metal is sturdy and won’t twist out of place and leave your water bottle rattling around loosely.
With the purchase, you will get two water bottle holders, four screws and two Allen wrenches. These bottle holders are suitable for both aggressive MTB and Road bike use.
They are easy to install and provide enough power to keep the water bottle in place while riding. They are non-deformable and corrosion-resistant, and also easy to install, lightweight and sturdy.
This bottle size is adjustable, they are suitable for the bottle with diameters between 60mm to 85mm, and they won’t fall out, and you can ride tension free.
The best water bottle cage works excellent, the bottle glides out and goes back smoothly. Apart from water bottles, you can also attach wallets and purses. This bottle holder is available in black.
- Includes 2 Bottle Holders, 4 Screws, and 2 Allen wrenches
- Made from PE + aluminum alloy
- Easily accessible from multiple angles
- Non-deformable and rust resistant
- Suitable for bottles with diameters between 60-85mm
- Ideal for both Road bike and Competitive MTB use
- It does not hold smaller size bottles well
6. Schwinn Bicycle Water Bottle & Cage
With the purchase, you will get a bottle cage and a great size bottle for the cost of most other cages. The holder is made of steel and seems built to last. It also comes with several screws and mounts.
The bottle is also well-built, more of a spongy rubber feel than plastic feel. The holder and the bottle seem a little light, for serious MTB bikers that would be a good thing.
The Schwinn bicycle water bottle & cage are very simple and functional. They are easy to mount on mountain bikes. There is a cap on the bottle to keep dust and dirt from getting all over the nipple.
It’s a fantastic cage, and the bottle will stay in place during heavy use on the bumpy trails. It will also keep your carbonated beverage cold more than one hour or two.
- 23 oz BPA-FREE Water bottle and cage
- Holds most standard bike water bottles
- Flexible plastic material makes the bottle easy to squeeze
- Slip-resistant comfort grip
- Wide opening to add ice easily to keep liquids cool
- Can hold carbonated beverages
- You may get plastic like the taste if you do not wash it overtimes
7. Dimples Excel Bike Bicycle Water Bottle Cage
If you want to stay hydrated on city streets or dusty trails, this sturdy water bottle cage from Dimples Excel will provide you with all you need.
High-quality material and manufacturing process is used to offer you extra strength. The Dimples Excel bottle holders are made to fit any standard size water bottle.
They also provide enough tension to hold the bottle securely. This bottle cage comes in a pair. The Dimples Excel bottle cages are made out of 6061-T6 heat treated Aluminum, which is a better-quality material of alloy manufacturing.
It holds bottles diameter around 3 inches. The bottle diameter can be 2.7 inches to 3.5 inches. It will be a perfect match for 24oz Polar bottles.
They are light as a feather yet strong as an ox, weigh only 69g. This bottle cage is available in four colors – Silver, Black, Red, Blue.
- Made of 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminum alloy
- Co-molded grip surface allows a sure grip while riding
- Fits most standard-sized water bottles
- This bottle cage comes in pair and includes 2 screws, 1 hex key
- Available in four colors – Black, Silver, Red, Blue.
- it only weighs 2.4oz (69 g) each
- Covered by Dimples Excel Lifetime Warranty
- It does not fit large bottles
- A little tight to get water bottles in and out
8. Wiel Full Carbon Fiber Bicycle Bike Light Drink Water Bottle Cage Holder
Wiel Water Bottle Cages are made of 100% full carbon fiber. They provide you extra strength and sturdiness combined with liter weight. They are nicely constructed with smooth edges and finish.
They also effectively decrease the weight for long-distance MTB riders. They also provide enough tension to keep the water bottle in place, and they are flexible enough to allow easy access to your hydration.
Wiel full carbon water bottle holders are light-weight, stylish and easy to mount on mountain bikes. They include two screws to mount. The holders are also firm enough to hold them securely.
They are designed to hold standard size bottles, non-deformable and corrosion resistant. They are amazing to look at and will match your bike perfectly.
- 100% FULL Carbon Fiber Material
- Designed for standard size bottles
- Secure bottle hold and easy bottle removal
- Non-deformable and corrosion resistant
- Quick access to your bike water bottle
- Incredible strong and lightweight(only 1oz/29g
- The included screws are not of the best quality
9. Emgreat Lightweight Carbon Fiber Bike Water Bottle Holder Cage
These are nice water bottle holders that fit standard size bottles perfectly. They are also much more inexpensive than many other carbon fiber cages available on the market.
The quality and function of this bottle cages are excellent, and it is easy to take the bottle out and attach it back in when riding. They are very easy to install, it takes just a few minutes only.
This carbon fiber holder fits water bottle perfectly, no rattle, and smooth out and back in without unsecured feeling. These cages are attractive and grip the standard size bottles snugly.
You can also place and remove larger bottle easily. It also holds Polar insulated water bottle perfectly. There is no logo design for the bright appearance. The carbon fiber look is also fantastic. Overall, a great water bottle for a great price.
- Ultralight, strong, AND non-deformable design
- Made of strong, lightweight carbon fiber
- Convenient to hold and remove bottles
- Keeps the water bottle in place when riding over bumpy terrain
- No logo design for clear and clean appearance
- Height is 5.7 inches/14.5cm, Max diameter is 2.95 inches/7.5cm
- The cages are light and seem flimsy
- Water bottles pop out over massive trail bumps
10. Lumintrail Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Bicycle Bike Water Bottle
This sturdy LuminTrail water bottle cage carries water/fluid for you wherever you ride. It fits most of the standard size water bottles. It has a wrap around arm design that ensures your bottle is held securely in place while you ride on a bumpy trail.
This is a very well-built water bottle holder. This easy to install cage is made out of lightweight yet powerful Aluminum Alloy. It holds your water bottle very well, so you don’t have to worry about.
Lumintrail water bottle cage is perfect for mountain bikes that don’t have mounting holes. This holder comes with handlebar mount bracket including three screws.
The bracket fits standard handlebars measuring 22.2mm or 7/8 inches. The handlebar mount bracket also provides easy access to your hydration bottle. The Lumintrail water bottle cage allows you to carry two water bottles for longer rides. It looks excellent on the bike, and it is available in 4 colors.
- Made of light-weight durable Aluminum Alloy
- Fits most standard size water bottles
- Includes 2 mounting screws for attaching the cage
- Included Handlebar mount fits 2.2mm diameter handlebars
- Secure firm hold with wrap around arm design
- Available in 4 cool colors: Silver, Black, Blue and Red
- Easy installation on handlebar or bike frame
- It does not include hex wrench
Buying Guide of Water Bottle Cage
There are a variety of cages available on the market. Most popular bottle cages are typically made from lightweight plastic, carbon fiber or durable stainless alloy. Plastic cages are lightweight and simple.
Carbon fiber mostly has better retention properties and sleek looks, in addition to being light-weight. Alloy cages are heavier side and tend to be simple. Their most significant advantage is that even if they get bent from massive jerking, they can be turned back into shape.
The vital function of a bottle cage is to hold the bottle securely. It must grip the collar and the body of the water bottle. Most of the water bottle cages are built to fit a standard size so will fit large into a small container.
Some holders feature adjustable stoppers to offer to finetune and retention. Many bottle cages feature rubber inserts for extra grip on the bottle’s exterior.
As you are going to install the bottle cage of your own, installation phase should be more relaxed. The Installation process is not rocket science.
Many manufacturers include screws and hex keys to make the installation easy and straightforward. You can read instruction comes with the cage or watch Youtube videos to make the installation process more comfortable.
If you are going for a long trail ride, you may need to carry two/three litters of water with you. If the bottle cage adds extra weight, it will slow you down.
So, you need to make sure that you are not adding extra weight to your bike. Most of the models are lightweight, but you need to find the liter model that fits your MTB best.
While you are on the trail with your mountain bike, it is crucial to carry water with you. When you are searching for the best water bottle cage for mountain bike, there are a variety of options are in the market to make you confused.
Here, we provided most reliable information about the best bottle holders for MTB. We hope, this article and the buying guide helped you to choose the best water bottle cage that matches your mountain bike perfectly.
You May Also Like to Read