Helmets are the oldest form of personal protective equipment, have been worn by the Sumerians in the 17th century BC. Why people use helmets? Because you cannot eliminate or minimize risks without taking protective measures.
When you are in the middle of real combat or in a friendly air-soft/paintball game you need to think about your own safety. A good quality tactical helmet can save you from a serious injury.
This article is about tactical helmets from different renowned brands. As you are looking for a high-quality tactical helmet, you can buy one of these helmets as your trusted safety gear.
Quick Answer – Tactical Helmet
1. OneTigris MICH 2000 Tactical Helmet
2. Lancer Tactical Maritime Helmet
3. ATAIRSOFT PJ Type Tactical Helmet
4. Modern Warrior M88 ABS Helmet
5. Raptors Tactical RTV Helmet
6. Soft Air M9 US Army Helmet
7. Tactical Crusader Tactical Helmet
8. V-Tac Valken Airsoft Tactical Helmet
9. Airsoft ABS MICH Tactical Helmet
10. LOOGU FAST PJ Military Helmet
Review of the Best Tactical Helmet
When you are searching the best tactical helmets, you will find them in quite a lot of shapes, different sizes, and various colors. Choosing the best tactical helmet seems like a scary task, you will get confused while you are in the market.
Here, we are going to discuss ten tactical helmets and about their pros and cons. Considering all the features, styles, durability and budget, we have decided that they are the best tactical helmets out there.
Our buying guide will help you to choose the best head protection easily. Hope you will find the review and buying guide helpful.
1. OneTigris MICH 2000 Style ACH Tactical Helmet
OneTigris is one of the well known tactical gear manufacturing brand in the market. OneTigris is famous for their quality works and they wish everyone enjoy their life in the outdoors. This time they offer MICH 2000 helmet.
It has many incredible features. Its non-frosted appearance will influence you to love this product at first sight. OneTigris MICH 2000 Style ACH Tactical Helmet also features a side railing system for adding more accessories such as flashlights, GoPro camera, COMs headset, battery and many more as you want.
There are seven pieces of internal sponge padding, makes more comfortable wearing. It also has adjustable straps and neck padding for best fitting.
If you are planning for a cosplay or air-soft or paintball game with your friends, take this helmet, it will not disappoint you. You have four color options to pick the favorite one.
- ABS engineering plastics for durability
- Self-adjustable inside padding for more comfort
- Side rail design for adding more accessories
- Perfect for paintball/air-soft games
- Head circumference is 22″- 24″
- Great for air-soft or paintball games.
- It weighs about 665g
- Helmet railing does not grip a headlamp perfectly.
- This helmet is not for real combat situation.
2. Lancer Tactical Maritime Helmet
Lancer Tactical helmets are incredibly made out of industrial grade ABS plastic. Its adjustable suspension system allows you to fit the helmet comfortably. Plenty of internal padding promotes additional protection.
It has night vision mount to add GoPro camera and had enough Velcro to attach patches. Side Helmet Rail System is perfect for adding a tactical flash-light or other necessary gears.
The product Dimensions is 11.8 x 9.4 x 6.8 inches and weighs about 2.1 pounds. The large or extra large size is approximately 22.5 to 23.5 inches and medium or large size is approximately 20.3 to 22.4 inches.
Internal padding allows you enough room to increase or decrease the space according to your head. This a high-quality tactical helmet with plenty of features. This would be a great buy for you.
- Durable Industrial Grade ABS Plastic construction
- Embedded Night Vision mount
- Side Helmet Rail System is perfect for additional accessories
- Plenty of Velcro area
- Product dimension is 11.8 x 9.4 x 6.8 inches
- It weighs about 2.1 pounds
- The bolts and screws rust quickly if you don’t take proper care after saltwater use.
- You need to buy the right size for perfect fit.
3. ATAIRSOFT PJ Type Tactical Multifunctional Fast Helmet
This multifunctional helmet is not only for tactical activities, you also can use it for cycling. It comes with some incredible features. It includes sliding goggles to protect your eyes, just remember to pull down before game.
It has also Integrated NVG mount which is compatible with most GoPro NVG style mounts. There is also enough Velcro to attach patches or nameplates.
Its internal width is 6.69 inches (17cm) and the internal length is 8.66 inches (22cm) which is not perfect for big heads but suitable for small heads. It also comes with one multifunctional card.
This helmet weighs about only 1.45 pounds that is pretty lightweight. Considering its low price, overall it would be a great buy for you. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
- Made out of heavy-duty polymer
- Side rails fit the variety of accessories
- Includes sliding goggles for eye protection
- Adjustable headband for the right fit
- Internal dimension is 6.69 (17cm) (W) x 8.66 (22cm) (L) inches.
- It weighs about 600g
- Not suitable for big head
- NVG mount is not included
4. Modern Warrior Tactical M88 ABS Helmet
Modern Warrior is one of the popular tactical gear manufacturers in the industry. Modern Warrior Tactical M88 ABS Helmet has popularity among its users. It is made of heavy-duty ABS plastic.
This helmet features an adjustable chin and head strap and available in one size that fits any individual. This helmet is nicely made and great for customization.
Modern Warrior Tactical M88 ABS Helmet is perfect for tactical environments such as air-soft or paintball games. It has no Velcro straps, but you can easily add to customize. It weighs about 2 pounds that is fairly lightweight and available in two colors.
Most of the reviewer said that it is very comfortable, lightweight and easy to adjust. Make sure to fit the straps correctly, you will feel comfortable and lightweight on the head.
- ABS plastic construction for sturdiness
- Fully adjustable Chin Strap
- The helmet measures 11 (L) x 10 (W) x 7.5 (H) inches
- It weighs about only 2 pounds
- Available in attractive black and OD green
- It has no ballistic ability.
- Straps are not of best quality.
5. Raptors Tactical RTV Helmet
The Raptors Tactical RTV Helmet is an adjustable, lightweight and sturdy helmet. Lightweight means you will feel less fatigue while carrying a helmet on your head.
It is lightweight yet heavy duty because it made of sturdy polymer. It is sturdy and can retain huge amount of pressure necessary for high power Air-soft combat.
The Raptors Tactical RTV Helmet features a decent rail, enough Velcro straps for patches and nameplates. Besides, the holes as ventilate perfectly and there is enough foam protectors and comfort pads inside.
The front mount allows you to attach a lightweight flashlight or GoPro camera for videos of your biking. Although this is not a ballistic helmet, this can really protect your head from bushes, rocks etc.
- Hard shell design for more protection
- Adjustable and removable internal padding
- Product dimension is 7.5 x 2 x 4.5 inches
- Lightweight, it weighs only 1 pounds
- Polymer construction ensures durability
- There are few sizes available, so make sure that you are buying the right size.
6. Soft Air M9 US Army Helmet
For extreme comfort and to protect your entire head in any situation you can use this tactical helmet. The manufacturer used high-quality ABS plastic to make this replica M9 US Army helmet.
It is lightweight and durable. Considering its features, this helmet can be classified under PASGT type helmet. Soft Air M9 US Army Helmet is perfect for your cosplay or air-soft needs. Besides, it would be very comfortable during warm weather.
Fully adjustable inside padding will give you a comfortable feeling even without the straps. It will keep your ears safe too. You can also add a mask on it just needs to replace the chin strap and cut off the visor. Your goggles will fit well too.
- Made out of durable ABS plastic
- High-quality Replica U.S. Army M9 Helmet
- Product dimension is 7.5 x 7.1 x 1.2 inches
- Adjustable chin straps for ultimate comfort
- Customizable with facemask
- Straps are flimsy.
- The face shield is not included.
7. Tactical Crusader Lightweight Tactical Helmet
The Tactical Crusader comes with this lightweight air-soft helmet that is a great accessory for any player. It is made of high-quality, durable polymer. It offers you the ultimate protection for your head.
It is adjustable and has great aeration for high-intensity play. Side rails for additional accessories. If you are going to get a helmet that is suitable for the price, able to mount a Go Pro camera, or for an air-soft skirmish.
Most of the reviewers mentioned that their favorite feature of this helmet is it is very comfortable. If you can adjust it perfectly, it will be more comfortable. You should buy it, this helmet won’t disappoint you.
- High-end durable polymer construction
- Lightweight, fully adjustable, and has great ventilation
- Perfect for airsoft and paintball matches
- Fits well with an average sized head
- Able to mount different accessories
- The interior foam is a bit thicker.
- Not cheap but for the cost, it is a decent helmet
8. V-Tac Valken Airsoft Tactical Helmet
This tactical helmet is made of durable polymer as it is very lightweight yet rigged. The helmet offers you a variety of benefits including the shield against shrapnel, bump protection for the vehicle, armored and flying operations.
The area around the ear is flexible to use the hearing guard. The ATH Tactical Helmet provides users protection during to guard your head against BB hits at close range.
The helmet is designed to support mounted accessories GoPro Cameras, flashlights, goggles etc. This helmet is also compatible with other accessories with little or no modification. There is also enough Velcro to attach morale patches.
V-Tac offers you three different colors to choose from. This helmet is a popular helmet and widely used in air-soft games, active services and Hollywood too.
- Hard polymer construction
- Lightweight and rigged design
- Removable internal padding
- Adjustable chin strap for the right fit
- Loop Velcro panels for patches
- Available in attractive OD, Earth and Black
- The chin strap is finicky.
- It is a tight fit if you have a large head
9. Airsoft ABS MICH Tactical Helmet Black
BBTac comes with this replica MICH helmet in black which is made of high-quality ABS plastic. This is one of the cheapest yet durable and quality MICH helmet in the market. It has come with some incredible features that you will be impressed with this helmet.
This MICH Tactical Helmet is not heavyweight and comes in one size that fits most. It is about only two pounds. Its adjustable chin strap is incredible. If you can adjust the chin strap properly, you will feel more comfortable.
The inside padding of the helmet has adjustable belts in a webbing that fits on your head perfectly. If you are planning for paintball or air-soft game with your friends, take this, it will work perfectly.
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic
- Adjustable chin strap for more comfort
- Perfect for air soft and paintball players
- Comes in black
- It weighs just over 2 pounds
- Padding is not included
- As it is a replica, it does not provide ballistic protection
10. LOOGU FAST PJ Base Jump Military Helmet
LOOGU FAST PJ Base Jump Military Helmet is perfect for exercise, rock climbing, search and rescue operation, hiking or other outdoor sports. It is very durable and lightweight. This fully adjustable helmet is perfect for Air-soft games.
This helmet fits properly whose head circumference is 22.4 to 23.5 inches. If you want you can attach hearing protection and goggles to the ARC rail system. Besides, the face-mask is also very soft and comfortable.
LOOGU FAST PJ Base Jump Military Helmet provides all the features of a FAST helmet with a lower cost. LOOGU promised for 100% customer satisfaction. This helmet is perfect for high-intensity air-soft combat.
It is durable yet lightweight, it weighs only 1.23 pounds. If you think this helmet is not within your expectations, you can return it and get the full refund.
- Hard polymer construction for light weight and sturdiness
- Head Circumference is 22.4 – 23.5 inches
- OCC-Dial Adjustable Fit Band
- Replaceable Leather Front
- Lightweight, It weighs about 1.23 pound
- Fully adjustable
- The hard foam padding doesn’t feel great.
- Uncomfortable for smaller size heads.
Buying Guide of Tactical Helmet
Tactical Helmet Buying Guide is all you need to read to buy the right helmet for you. If you are thinking to spend your next weekend with your friends playing an air-soft game, first of all you need to think about your safety. This guide will help you to buy the right one.
PASGT stands for Personal Armor System Ground Troops. PSGT is a combat helmet was first used by the United States Military in 1983. In the early 2000s, PASGT helmet was replaced with the MICH. These types of helmets are made of ballistic aramid fabric and phenolic resin system.
The outer shell is made of nineteen Kevlar layers. These types of helmets come in sizes extra-small to extra-large. Depending on the size It weighs between 3.1 and 4.2 pounds. This is customizable and available in various colors and camouflage patterns.
MICH / ACH
The full form of MICH is Modular Integrated Communications Helmet. The Modular Integrated Communications Helmet (MICH) was developed by the United States Army Soldier Systems Center used by the U.S. military. MICH is a step up from the PASGT.
Made out of advanced Kevlar material. ACH stands for Advanced Combat Helmet. This is a step up of MICH helmet. It weighs between 3 pounds (1.36 kg) to 3.6 (1.63 kg) pounds, depending on the helmet size.
The MICH or ACH customizable features with night vision eyewear and other necessary gears as riot control visor.
ATE (High Cut)
Above The Ear or ATE (High Cut) is made out of Dyneema, a special composite material. It is lightweight yet durable. It provides extremely high ballistic protection for the head.
It is available in medium to extra large size and weighs from 2.52 pounds to 2.99 pounds. It has special load-bearing shell design and can carry a wide range of necessary gears.
Your helmet must fit properly. Firstly measure the circumference of your head then choose the right size that fits you comfortably. Do not buy any uncomfortable equipment. Adjustable inner padding and chin strap offer the comfort of a tactical helmet.
There are plenty of features you can choose while buying a tactical helmet. There is also facemask, flashlight, GoPro cameras, Velcro straps, shock absorption, goggles, color and more.
Depending on price, the quality, features, brand and type etc. will vary. It is always important to spend some extra money for a quality product as it will serve you the best quality. It is equally important not to overspend on a substandard item.
When you are in the market to choose the best tactical helmet for you, it totally depends on your necessity and use. Picking the right product is more challenging. Because there are plenty of standard and substandard products from different brands in the market with plenty of advantages and disadvantages.
Here, we have listed ten best tactical helmets considering your preference. We focused on quality, style and budget to make this list. Hope our recommended tactical helmets and buying guide helped you to choose the right helmet for your head protection.
For More of Our Top Gear Recommendations