All bikers, hikers need to have enough water on their outdoor sports. It is not only about water, but they also need to carry their necessary stuff and snacks with them. That’s why a durable, lightweight and roomy mountain bike hydration pack is a must buy for any biker.
As the web is full of options, you will be confused while you are searching for the best mtb hydration packs for cycling. This article aims to provide you the best review of the products available on the internet.
Review of the Best Mountain Bike Hydration Packs
You need to make sure you have a hydration pack that is durable, spacious, lightweight and leak-free when you are going for outdoor sports. But Buying the best hydration pack is not that easy, and also it’s not rocket science. First of all, you should know about your purpose.
Then read reliable reviews about the product/products. Then take your decision. Here we have discussed ten best mountain bike hydration packs.
We mainly focused on the critical features of the products. We also talked about the pros and cons of them. At the end of the article, you will find a buying guide that will help you to take the decision quickly.
1. CamelBak 2016 M.U.L.E. NV Hydration Pack
CamelBak 2016 M.U.L.E. NV Hydration Pack is one of the bestselling on Amazon for its amazing features. This is a great hydration pack for those longer rides.
It holds a lot of gear you need. M.U.L.E. NV is constructed of lightweight, sturdy nylon and big enough to carry 3 liters of water, snacks, and equipment. Its increased airflow system is a great addition.
Highly suggested if you are looking for a way to bike with plenty of water as the faster release method available.
This model also features air channels to keep your back cool, helmet hooks, compartments for stashing tools, keys, and electronics. The 2016 version also features a magnetic tube trap that allows you quick hydration without taking your eyes off the trail.
The Antidote reservoir has a new bigger cap that allows much easier cleaning and drying. The hose disconnects easily and spills free. This is a much easier bladder to use.
- Made of Synthetic fiber
- Three interior slip pockets
- Stretch overflow helmet storage
- Four-point compression straps
- Low-profile 100 oz bladder.
- Antidote reservoir features Quick Link system
- Lifetime guarantee
- This is not the best option for short trips, but great for long rides
2. Osprey Packs Raptor 10 Hydration Pack
If you are buying a hydration pack intended for mountain biking Raptor 10 is a good choice. The Raptor has some incredible features such as the LidLock, 3.0 Liter LT reservoir, magnetic bite valve, a roll-out pouch and AirScape technology.
The AirScape technology of the back panel lets air flow between the mesh and the backpack, so your back stays dry. It’s roll-out pouch keeps all the bike tools easily accessible.
Osprey’s LidLock attachment easily and securely carries you bicycle helmet too. This multipurpose hydration pack is available in three colors black, red, and blue.
Besides, Raptor offers a wide frame which helps distribute weight across your back instead of off the back of the bike. Its trademark Hydraulic 3L hydration sleeve with direct access zip also offers fast loading.
Raptor is a quality crafted product and covers Osprey’s All Mighty Guarantee. Osprey will repair or replace your pack due to defects or damage for the life of the pack.
- Made out of lightweight, durable 70D x 100D Nylon Shadow Check
- Patented Hydraulics 3.0 Liter LT reservoir
- Front zippered stash pocket
- Side compression straps for the comfortable fit
- LidLock Helmet Attachment
- Blinker Light Attachment for high visibility in the dark.
- AirScape technology Mesh Hipbelt
- This pack is not a good option for long rides, but best for short trip
3. CamelBak M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack
CamelBak M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack is the most popular and best-selling mountain biking hydration system by CamelBak. The CamelBak M.U.L.E. offers the ultimate combination of organized large cargo option including enough fluid for over 3 hours on the trail.
This model comes with 3L of water capacity and 9L of cargo space. The CamelBak Mule has an excellent combination of organized, roomy cargo and Antidote reservoir system.
This backpack is made of 70D/210D diamond rip-stop nylon with 70D/140D block dobby nylon. This lightweight, sturdy cargo is roomy enough to carry your day’s worth of snacks and gears.
The reservoir system is 100% BPA and BPS free. Its Quick-snap cap tightens in just a quarter turn. This hydration pack also covers lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Made of 70D/210D diamond rip-stop nylon w/70D/140D block dobby nylon
- Antidote reservoir features quick Link system
- The iconic M.U.L.E is the perfect balance of cargo and hydration
- Product Dimensions is 19×10.5×2 inches
- Item weighs 1.11 pounds
- Lifetime guarantee
- Shoulder straps are not of the best quality
- This pack is not the best option for large persons
4. TETON Sports Oasis 1100 2 Liter Hydration Backpack
Whether you are a mountain biker or outdoor sportsman, this TETON Sports Oasis 1100 will serve your all day hydration need.
This backpack also features a shock-absorbing chest strap, built-in orange safety whistle, bungee storage with barrel lock, reflective trim, strap clips, and canyoneering drip hole, are seen in costly packs.
It has a unique athletic cut that it rides low and close to your body. This backpack is fully adjustable to your shoulder, chest, and waist thus it won’t bounce while biking.
The TETON Sports Oasis 1100 hydration pack weighs only 2 pounds. The modern cut, multiple adjustments, and ventilated shoulder straps made this super comfortable for both man and woman.
It includes a 2-liter bladder with excellent storage space with 1,100 cubic inch/18-liter total capacity hydration pack specious enough for day or overnight trips.
Its water reservoir is made of food grade plastic with 2 inch opening for easy fill and cleaning. This water bladder includes kink free sip tube, bite valve, and twist-lock to prevent leaks. You will also get a free rain cover.
- Made of synthetic fiber
- 2-liter hydration bladder made of FDA food-grade plastic with a Kink-free sip tube
- Free rain cover
- Product dimension is 19.5 x12x2 inches
- Weighs only 2 pounds
- Adjustable chest strap and whistle
- Available in four colors: red, black, orange & blue
- Zippers are not of the best quality
5. TETON Sports Trailrunner 2 Liter Hydration Backpack
If you are attending a marathon training or going to spend long days at a theme park, the TrailRunner 2.0 Hydration Backpack will help you perform your best.
It is a very reliable, durable and lightweight hydration system for men and women. It has a 420D rip-stop covering which makes it sturdy and lightweight.
The most important part of this TrailRunner 2.0 Backpack is its newly improved 2-liter hydration bladder. It has a large opening for ice cube that also makes cleaning easy. The bladder also includes a kink-free sip tube, and push-lock cushioned bite valve.
The TrailRunner 2.0 has a large mesh pocket to carry your necessary accessories and food securely. The TrailRunner is very comfortable with mesh shoulder and chest strap with a built-in shock absorber.
Its padded mesh back panel also offers excellent ventilation. This backpack also covers a limited lifetime warranty.
- 420D rip-stop shield
- BPA free 2-liter hydration bladder with light, durable, kink-free sip tube
- Adjustable waist belt for maximum comfort
- Product dimension is 16.5 x 10.5 x .7 inches, weighs 0.9 pounds
- wide mesh straps with comfort-taped edges
- O-ring gasket prevents leakage
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Water through the tube tastes like plastic
6. High Sierra Classic 2 Series Quickshot 70 Hydration Pack
High Sierra Classic 2 Series Quickshot 70 hydration pack is ideal for hiking, trail biking, and winter sports. This is an all-around adventure lifestyle gear that features spacious, front-load main compartment.
This High Sierra Classic series backpack has such features. Its adjustable sternum strap & waist belt, front zippered pocket, Elastic loops, zippered shoulder strap, Hex-Vent mesh and reflective loop are worth mentioning features, and you will find them useful while you are on a long trip.
The most important feature of Quickshot 70 is it easy-access hydration reservoir compartment that carries 2-liter liquid. It has a wide opening for easy filling and cleaning.
The whole system is BPA free and antimicrobial. Its insulated cover helps to prevent water from freezing or becoming warm.
- 100% Polyester: Mini-Hex Rip-stop, Mini-Weave Duralite.
- BPA free and antimicrobial 2-liter hydration system
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Three interior slip pockets and two exterior pockets
- Large, front-load main compartment
- Dimension is 17x11x5.25 inches and weighs 1.4 lbs/0.64 kg.
- This is not an ideal pack for large persons
- The water pouch is annoying to refill
7. FREEMOVE Hydration Pack Backpack
Do you need a backpack with best 2L hydration bladder that also can place all of your stuff inside? This tactical hydration backpack is precisely for you.
Durable & water resistance rip-stop polyester constructs this camel hydration backpack. It also features sturdy & high-quality zippers and reflective elements for your safety at night. This hydration pack also covers a lifetime replacement guarantee.
The hydration bladder, made out of the most durable, flexible TPU material. It is FDA approved, tasteless & BPA free. This water reservoir also features a quick discharge tube, flexible mouthpiece with protective valve, and pretty large opening for easy cleaning.
An insulated sleeve protects the bladder and keeps water cool up to 5 hours. Its multiple pockets offer you all the space you need to store your accessories such as clothing, tools, snacks, drinks, devices, keys, etc. Its padded, lightweight and fully adjustable shoulder straps provide you maximum comfort.
- Durable & waterproof rip-stop material construction
- 2L hydration bladder
- An insulated sleeve keeps water cool up to 5 hours
- Large enough to carry your necessary stuff
- Product Dimensions is 20.5 x 8.7 x 3.2 inches, weighs 1.04 pounds
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee
- There is no drinking hose clip
- Only one color is available to choose from
8. G4Free hydration pack Sports runner Hydration Backpack
G4Free hydration backpack gives you enough hydration for your whole day out hiking. G4Free Hydration Backpack, made out of lightweight yet robust 600D polyester fabric.
Its adjustable shoulder, chest and waist straps offer a good fit that prevents bounce from exercising and biking. Its roomy pockets safely carry your belongings along with you.
This new hydration backpack with 3.0L water features a big opening for easy cleaning. Its extendable bite valve makes it easy to reach for the drinking tube.
The two front pockets and additional molle webbing made this hydration pack more versatile. If not 100% satisfied with this pack, they are always ready to give solutions to you.
- Made from tough 600D polyester fabric
- Hydration backpack with 3.0L water bladder
- Lots of little pockets for snacks
- Enough space to hold your necessities
- Product Dimension is 8.3×4.7×19.7 inches
- Weighs 2.27 pounds
- Plastic taste from water bladder is difficult to remove
- The top strap is fine, and the waist strap is short
9. CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack
The ease of external fill in a sleek mountain bike pack. CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack is an ideal backpack for carrying vital fluid along with other accessories.
It features 2.5L Crux reservoir, breathable air mesh back panel, stretch overflow storage compartment and reflective accents. All the above features made this pack unbeatable in the market.
You won’t be disappointed; overall this is a bang for the buck! The CamelBak 2.5L Crux Reservoir delivers 20% more water with every sip. Leak-proof on/off valves seal your water supply shut with a tap of your thumb.
You can close the valve and toss your pack anywhere without worrying about drips or leaks. This 100% free of BPA, BPS and BPF hydration pack has Anti-Microbial HydroGuard Coating. This Hydroguard technology restrains the growth of bacteria in the tube.
- 2.5L Crux Reservoir
- Leak-Proof On/Off Valves
- Easy-Open Leak-Proof Cap
- Anti-Microbial HydroGuard Coating
- Airflow system design keeps your back cool and dry
- Product Dimensions is 15.8 x 8.9 x 6.3 inches, weighs 8.2 ounces
- Available in black and graphite
10. WASING Hydration Pack
This military style backpack is a beautiful hydration pack for those who need plenty of water for long rides. This backpack fits nicely and also provides plenty of room to carry necessary stuff on the trail.
Wasing hydration pack, made out of sturdy 600D nylon. The main compartment of this hydration pack is big enough to take lightweight clothes even a jacket.
It also features a large water bladder, two entrance pockets, Molle webbing and many more. It 3L hydration bladder provides you enough water throughout your travel.
Its two front pockets keep your necessary accessories organized. This bag is an ideal option for mountain climbing, hiking, walking and other outdoor sports. WASING Hydration Pack with 3L Bladder is a quality product at this price, and you won’t disappoint.
- Made from tough 600D nylon
- Features 2 front pockets to carry your wallet, phone, keys & small tools
- BPA free hydration backpack with 3L water bladder
- Additional Molle webbing
- Net for holding the helmet
- Product Dimensions is 19.7 x 6 x 9 inches
- Weighs 2 pounds
- The bladder is not that much durable
Buying Guide of Mountain Bike Hydration Packs
A best mtb hydration pack is a rubber or plastic made hydration system built as a backpack containing a reservoir. This reservoir holds a mouth for filling with water and a hose that allows the user to drink hands-free.
Most of the tubes end with a “bite valve” . Some hydration packs are insulated to keep fluid from becoming warm or freezing. When you are going to buy a hydration pack you have to know about some features.
Size and Fit
When buying a hydration pack the most important thing to consider is the size. If you need a backpack for short day hikes, should find a bag between 10l and 25l, while for activities for the whole day, you should consider between 25l and 40l.
The longer the event, the larger the bag. A large pack a good choice as it is more versatile and will be able to carry all of your necessities.
You need to think how much water you need for your outdoor trip. If you are going for a short trip on the trail, then a smaller capacity pack will be sufficient.
But if you are on a day-long outing, you need to buy a larger hydration pack. Keep in mind that how easy/difficult to clean it and how they securely stay inside your bag.
For all-day adventure, you will need to carry extra clothing, helmet, food, and tools, etc. with you in your pack. Your best hydration pack should have the capacity to take all these necessary things. Some backpacks are designed with added straps and compartments to hold your extra gears.
The riders have to carry necessary gears, foods, and water loaded into the hydration backpack. So, it is essential to check out the heaviness of the pack.
Most packs are lightweight and sturdy enough to carry loads. But when you fill them with extra things in the storage spaces, this makes the bag heavy.
It may create a lot of stress on your shoulders while biking. If the water reservoir placed vertically inside the bag, this helps the overall weight balance of the pack. So, choose your cycling hydration pack sensibly.
The Best Mountain Bike Hydration Pack is a lightweight and comfortable option to keep you hydrated on the trail. MTB Hydration Pack is an excellent option for a water reservoir and a little bit more. The products as mentioned above are impressive and versatile for one or more reason.
First, remember to consider your personal needs and then buy the product. The buying guide for additional information to help you to pick the best item. Hope, this article and the buying guide helped you. So, choose one and stay hydrated on the trail.
You May Also Like to Read