It is not very easy to choose the best fighting knives in the market and then pick the one that is perfect for you. You have to think about a lot of things and then you can find out the best ones who are dominating the present market.
Today, your all problems with choosing the best-fixed blade combat knives will be solved. Fighting knife reviews will be the best thing that will be able to guide you and let know which one is best and also suitable for you.
Some best combat knives names and their reviews are given below along with a guideline that will let you buy the best fighting knife for you as more you know about an ideal fighting knife the more chances of your choosing the right knife increases.
Quick Answer – Fighting Knives
1. Ka-Bar US Marine Corps Fighting Knife
2. ONSP1-BRK Marine Combat
3. Gerber Mark II Knife
4. KA1212-BRK USA Fighting Knife
5. Smith & Wesson Stainless Steel Knife
6. Norse Tradesman Handforged Viking Knife
7. M-Tech Extreme Tactical Fighting Knife
8. Mas Outdoor Survival Tactical teeth Knife
9. MTech USA Fixed Blade Tactical Knife
10. Gerber StrongArm Fixed Blade Knife
1. Ka-Bar Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife
Ka-Bar, a highly reputed knife manufacturer has created one of the best fighting knives in the current market. This knife comes with a full leather sheath. Cro-van steel is used here to make the blade.
The length of the knife is 11.89758 inches. It has straight edged blade of 7 inches. The blade is used in army and marine force in a large number. It can also be given as a gift for its fantastic design.
The blade can hold the sharpness for a long time. Not only this, the knife is very sharp indeed. It can go through any strong materials which are possible to cut by knives. Many critics have announced it as the best fixed blade knife till now.
Not just the body and the blade, the leather sheath is also a great role player here. This protective cover will help you to protect and carry your knife easily here and there.
- Durable. The blade is pretty much durable. It can be used for a long time. The sharpness stays for a long time you can use this for a very long time without fixing anything of the blade.
- Then edge angle is 20 degrees which is pretty much reasonable.
- The weight of the knife is not too much which will help you to use this pretty easily.
- The design is till now best in the fixed blade knives category.
- The sheath is made of 100 percent leather. It is more than helpful.
- There is nothing special about the handle of the knife. Some even complained about the material used to make the handle.
- There is no such thing as serrated section present.
2. ONSP1-BRK Marine Combat
The blade is the main attraction here. The 7 inches blade is made of Full tang Carbon steel. As carbon is pretty much durable and has the ability to hold the sharpness for a long time, this knife can be used for a long time and also can be used regularly.
The blade has epoxy powder coating which multiplies the strength of the blade a few times more than other blades. As the blade is not too large in size, it is easy to carry anywhere and keep it to use it in emergency moments.
This SP1 knife is combination integrated. The blade of the knife has enough thickness to retain its stability. The edge of the knife is excellent. It has caught the attraction of many users.
And finally, if we point at the grip, then you will be unable to find any kinds of disadvantages as the grip is fine and acceptable.
- Thick blade. It makes the durability of the blade a few times more than common blades.
- The weight is bearable. Though the knife is not small in size, but still the weight is light and bearable indeed.
- The price is pretty much reasonable. The range is in the middle part of expensive and cheap. So, it’s affordable to adventure lovers.
- Can be used roughly without any hesitation for a long time.
- The sheath quality is not acceptable as it is made of nylon riveted to leather.
- The sharpness of the blade is not that much good. Users who bought this in the past have sharpened it even before their first use.
3. Gerber Mark II Knife
This highly designed and quality maintained fighting knife is multitasking. It is a legendary blade. It has caught the attention of every generation. The blade is black Oxide coated.
This is the reason why it diminishes reflection. Die-cast aluminum make the handle of the knife makes much stronger and flexible to use. The grip is so nice that it is still being used in combats.
You can throw this knife as spear as this blade contains double serration part. This function is quite unbeatable in helping you to protect yourself. The sheath is made of nylon.
This fixed blade is multitasking we have mentioned before. It can be used for self-defense, fight, tactical purpose and many more. The piercing capability of this blade is quite bold as it is double serrated.
- Double serrated blade. Helps to execute action fully and quite smoothly.
- The handle is strong and much more durable. So, the action is easy to perform and much more effective.
- 420HC steel blade makes this knife much more deadly to enemies.
- 6.5 inches long and stable blade that will provide effective performances.
- Warranty is also provided by the manufacturers for the product.
- The sheath is not made of fine material.
- The sharpness is questioned for several times from the buyers and critics.
4. KA1212-BRK USA Fighting Knife
As we all know that Ka-Bar is one of the leading companies in the knife market, many of its products are dominating the global market. KA1212 is also one of those.
You will check for the quality of the blade and the material if you intend to buy. And for a reason, this knife contains a quality maintained blade made of top class material.
Another specialty about this knife is it can be used in many types of situations and places. The most helpful part of this knife is the edge of the blade partially contains a serrated part on one side.
This seven inches long blade has 20 degrees of edge angle. The quality of the handle is never ignorable. Kratos G handle is integrated here. You will also get a back leather belt sheath with this knife. It is an ideal product for heavy uses. The blade is easy to sharpen.
- Overall 12inches in size. Large in size and capable of doing heavy tasks.
- 1095 carbon steel is used to make the blade which makes it quite stronger.
- Using carbon steel makes easy for the user to sharpen the knife without any hesitation.
- Serrated part makes this knife handy and useful in every situation.
- Performs heavy tasks and it doesn’t break also.
- The blade is not much thin. That is why sometimes you cannot cut thick materials easily
- The handle is small in size. So, not eligible for all.
5. Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B 9in Stainless Steel Fixed Blade Knife
As outdoors survivor always tries to find tools and weapons that are very much handy and most importantly durable so that they can protect themselves anytime they need, this product, Smith and Wesson SWHRT9B is one of their choices.
Not just durable, you can call this weapon dependable too. Another little bit of interesting but not neglects able point is that it is small in size and easy to carry anywhere. You don’t need to worry separately about carrying this along with you.
The lanyard hole of this knife will also help you in many ways when you are on a surviving trip. Another major point that every survivor or camper thinks is that how the handle of the fighting knife will be.
That is why manufacturers have made the handle of knife pretty much comfortable and flexible for all types of users. As the company has to keep all types of user flexibility in mind, the company integrated rubber cover for the handle.
This makes quite comfortable for the users to use and get the grip while performing any sorts of activities.
- Very light knife. Easy to swing the blade anytime.
- Small in size. So that you can carry this in your pocket too.
- Handguard integrated. Makes sure that it does not slip from hand.
- 7Cr17MoV High Carbon stainless steel is used to make the blade. It makes the blade durable enough.
- Lanyard hole integrated.
- Sharpness is not guaranteed by the manufacturing company.
- Edge doesn’t hold for a decent time at all.
6. Norse Tradesman Handforged Viking Knife
If you are concerned about not only the design but also about the hardness of the blade, then this knife is worth buying. The medieval design makes this knife unique and gives a kind of antique vibe.
From a distance, it looks like an ancient artifact. And as far as the hardness is concerned, it is 56-58 HRC. This knife is not just to show its unique design but also for performing the best.
The semi razor edge will help to act in any sorts of situation. The blade is made of solid one-piece carbon steel that makes the knife reasonably durable.
The blade can tolerate much load and tough situations as it is designed to look like a medieval weapon. It will be pretty much injustice to the sheath if the facility this ultimate sheath is not mentioned.
The sheath is fully made of pure leather. This cowhide leather contains leather strap so that you can strap the knife with any belt and carry.
- The material used to make the blade is durable. The blade is made of carbon steel.
- Amazing design that gains peoples positive opinion.
- Can be collected as an artifact.
- Full tang handle is integrated.
- High hardness level and it is tested by professionals.
- The sheath does not have good texture.
- Size is a matter of concern here as it is not as long as it should be.
7.M-Tech MX8054 Extreme Tactical Fighting Knife
This knife is an ideal choice if you are looking for a fixed blade fighting knife. This knife is often seen being used in survival training too. The blade of this knife is made of stainless steel.
The elegant shape with deep black color makes this knife good looking and capable of catching eyes of buyers. 440stainless steel black tanto blade is integrated here to make this knife much more dangerous.
Knife’s G10 black handle will help to maintain grip. Even if your hands are wet, still you will get good grip and response from the handle of the knife. Another exciting part of the blade is it has seen back serrated part too, make it more helpful.
440 grades SS steel has more carbon then else which will help to keep hardness at the top level. It even helps to maintain the edge. For the safety reason, the handle has extended part.
- Finger groove integrated for maximum grip.
- Grade 440 stainless steel used to make the blade.
- Saw back serration facility available for extra facilities.
- Nylon sheath available to carry the knife safely.
- Lanyard hole integrated at the end of the handle for carrying facility.
- The sheath is not a long-lasting type.
- The finger grip is integrated but not the good type. It is not that much flexible that everybody expects.
8. Mas along Outdoor Survival claw Tactical teeth Knife
An ideal fighting claws knife to use. The inside blade curvature is magnificent and indeed quite sharp. This double-edged blade is made of high-quality material.
The hardness level is shocking good. It can perform its best in any types of condition. Manufacturers have given it a deadly structure that can perform actions against the enemies as good as the user needs.
This knife not a large knife like others. As it is curved claw knife it is smaller in size but effective in actions. The 3.1 inches blade is made of D2 material. The blade is half centimeters thick which helps to cut through tough things.
Another important part of the knife is its handle. The handle is black G10 which is pretty much flexible in hands and you can hold the grip for a long time even in bad or wet weathers. The handle is quite large so that you can hold this knife as per as your hand’s flexibility.
- The two-sided edge that makes the blade handy.
- The hardness level of the blade is 58-60 HRC which is acceptable.
- The adjustable leather case is given with the knife for user’s satisfaction.
- The leather sheath can be integrated.
- The sheath is not the best one. The quality of the sheath is not at the level it should be.
- The karambit is dull and not handy.
9. MTech USA Xtreme MX-8054 Series Fixed Blade Tactical Knife
This knife from MTech Company offers the users facility of durability and strength. It was created to use as a tactical knife with combat purpose. Both the blade and the handle are attractive and useful here.
The tanto style blade gives this knife a different role in the action filed. The blade contains blood groove which makes the blade much effective. The saw back serrated part is lethal in the outdoor adventures and survivals.
440 grades stainless steel is indeed the right choice for a fighting knife. As this material contains much carbon that gives hardness and the capacity of keeping the edge for a long time.
The company included a significant handle to do fair with this excellent blade. This black colored G10 handle provides a superior grip that helps you to keep this knife comfortably in your hand and swing it flexible. Even wet conditions don’t hamper this gripping system.
- Sheath contains ties that help you to carry the knife.
- Saw back serrated part offers a better cutting capability.
- Lanyard hole integrated into the end of the handle to hang the knife with your body so that you can unleash it whenever you want.
- G10 handle to give you the best gripping facility so that you don’t have any problem in any situation.
- Sawtooth is not sharp as it should be.
- The sheath is not handy for rough use.
10. Gerber StrongArm Fixed Blade Knife
This modern age designed fighting knife is being used in many sectors. Even it is capable of being used in national military forces. The main part, the blade is of high carbon steel.
As we all know that high carbon steel has the capacity of keeping the edge for a long time and contains durable sharpness, this blade is also durable and long-lasting.
It has ceramic blade coating to extend the durability. You will see rubberized grip in the handle for the flexibility of your hands. The handle is made of glass filled with rubber overmold.
An advantage of this knife is that you will find a striking pommel at the base of the handle for breaking through hard surfaces in emergency cases. You can have the facility of the drop leg carry from the sheath given with this knife and it is not very common.
- Grade 420 HC steel is being used to make the blade of the knife. It is a high-quality material to make a perfect blade.
- Rubberized diamond texture grip is integrated for user’s satisfaction.
- Modular strap together sheath system is available here. It cannot be seen very often but handy indeed.
- The pommel of the knife is effective in breaking materials.
- The cutting-edge stops about half an inch short of the handle.
- The edge is a little bit of dull as it should not be.
Buying Guide of Fighting Knives
There are few things a buyer must keep in his mind before he sets his mind to buy a fighting knife. A combat knife doesn’t come in handy only in combat time; it also can be used in both outdoor and indoor activities too.
If you are an outdoor enthusiast, then you must know the Importance of a classy combat knife. Every tool and gear is important for a survivalist.
A fighting knife is always a tool that comes handy surviving in outdoor and keep you safe there. Here we have discussed about few points that you must know before you set your mind to buy a fighting knife
Material of The Blade
The blade is the primary part of a knife. As you are intended to buy a combat knife, you must know that mainly the material used to make the knife makes the real difference from other types of knife.
You will see, there are three types of material is used to6 make a knife. But for a combat knife, manufactures mainly prefer High carbon Stainless steel.
The main facility here is that you can sharpen the blade easily. The cutting feature is fantastic. It holds the edge of the blade for quite long time. So, always try to buy a combat knife made of High carbon stainless steel.
Design of The Handle
Handle design matters when you are going to use combat knife. Usually, many people ignore this fact; they just put concentrate on only the material and the capability of the knife.
But you should know that, if your hand is not flexible using the knife or the shape of the handle design doesn’t fit with your hands, then there is no use of buying that knife, to be honest. The main factor is coupling your hand with the handle of the knife to perform an effective action.
As the energy for cutting or stabbing comes through the handle, the shape must be curved. Large hilt is a must to provide maximum action. Sometimes even handle material also becomes important too.
Plastic or wood is frequently used to make handles. It actually depends on the usage of the knife. So, it is advised to think wisely and put some time thinking about the handle of the knife before buying.
As the knife and its parts are important, it is also important that how you store your blade. A good sheath effects positively on how you store the knife, draw the knife on hunting or surviving or carrying knife.
A factor before buying a combat knife is the lower attachment of the sheath. A sheath with a belt will help you to carry the knife properly. A sheath with a hole for a lanyard is pretty handy indeed.
Sometimes sheath has crossover straps. It makes carrying and unleashing the blade quite easy. So although sheath is just a cover or carrier of the blade but it the quality and the facility of the sheath make the user more comfortable using the knife.
So, before buying any combat knife to go out for a hunt or survival trip, make sure you have the knife with a perfect sheath.
Edge of the Blade
You will see two types of edge in the blades. On is plain or straight. It has no serrated section. But another type has a serrated part. It helps to cut strong and heavy materials.
Combat knives usually contain serrated part in the one-third areas of the blade. Knives with serration system are large is size. As a buyer, you can have the blade with double serrated parts which are worth buying indeed.
So then, as we are finished here talking about the facts before buying a combat knife, let’s see some top class fighting knives.
So, now you have seen top ten fighting knives in the current market that every buyer intends to buy. You also have seen the guide part that let you think and draw a sketch of a perfect fighting knife in your brain.
These give pace to your thought of buying a fighting knife which is best for you. Actually buying a product depends on your demands also. You will buy only those products which fulfill your demands hundred percent.
That is the reason why after a lot of researchers, I have picked top ten from the knife market. And hope that it came handy for you in buying the best fighting knife as these are the best fighting knives.
For More of Our Top Gear