Getting away from your daily duties and camping outdoors can be refreshing to your mind and body. No matter what you are looking for, relaxation or to test your survival skills, camping has so much to offer for everyone.
You can try various new activities during your camping trip and even get back to forgotten hobbies which you were doing as a kid.
Though camping is very refreshing, if you go on a camping trip without a proper plan, at times you may have to regret it. You must have a clear plan of all the items you need during your camping trip and the activities you will perform along with your family during the trip.
Regular campers never leave their home without having all the accessories and a proper activity plan to have maximum fun and enjoy the nature. The activities can be sports, games, water activities and in tent activities.
It may not go as per plan sometimes, but it is necessary that you come to camping with an open mind and relaxed attitude to be flexible.
1. Water & Fun Activities
If your campsite is near a water body, it really is a blessing. A water body nearby your campsite can give you so many options to have fun.
Some activities may not be fit depending on the type of water like river, sea, lake or pool. So, use your mind to plan the appropriate activities for the type of water you are in.
Water volleyball, Fishing, Boating, Skiing, Tubing, Stone skipping, snorkeling are some of the water activities. If you are on an ocean side, making sand sculpture is another great thing to do.
You can find videos on YouTube on how to do stone skipping; it is a great game to play as a part of the water activities.
Take a water skateboard or a longboard which is fit for carving and bring out the sports man in you. Fishing and cooking it at the water side.
The most important reason why you went on a camping trip is to relax from your daily work tension. So it is essential that you follow a proper relaxing schedule everyday during your camping trip. Do not take your work and business tension to the camp site.
Take a hammock along with you. You know how relaxing it would be to swing in a hammock at an isolated location.
- Sit in groups and talk your mind out.
- Sleep as much as you can.
- Imaging extra-ordinary stuffs and note down in a paper and laugh by letting others read.
- Float on the pool
- Keep gazing at the stars
3. Night Time Camping
This is the most important thing which you must never miss. Some even argue that night time camping is the only reason to go on a camping trip.
Being under the stars with the warmth of the campfires is a heavenly feel. Sing songs in groups or let one person sing and others hear it.
- Play songs and dance for it around the campfire.
- Play hide and seek in the dark, but be careful. Everyone must have a flashlight with them.
- Tell ghost stories when in groups or romance if you are with your soulmate.
- Go on a midnight swimming.
- Perform skits around the campfire.
- Cook meat using the campfire and have dinner in groups.
4. Inside the camp
You will need to plan some activities to do on rainy days or during nighttime when others are sleeping. Make sure those activities are quiet and do not disturb others.
Having cards with you is a must. Card games are the most famous indoor camping activity that everyone does.
- Take enough books with you to read at night.
- You can also take gaming boards with you.
- If you are interested in crafting, you can do that as well.
- If you have a mobile device, watch relaxing or fun movies.
- Write what you feel in a diary.
5. Exploring Nature
You are on a camping trip to enjoy the nature and you must make sure you do that in your camping trip. Go as close as you can to the nature. Get to know the campsite you are in and find out what the surroundings have.
- Walk as much as you can every day.
- Float in the water.
- Catch fireflies in a jar and release them later.
- Birdwatching & Animal watching can be very interesting.
- Take as many pictures with the nature.
- Go in search of nuts, berries and other edible plants.
If you have a clear plan of all the camping activities before you visit your camp site, you will never get bored no matter how long your camping plan is. You can add as many activities you can imagine and note it down before you pack your camping stuffs.
Share this article with your friends so that they will benefit when they go on a camping trip.
You May Also Like to Read