Among all the outdoor activities, bicycling is always exciting. It is also good for health and environment. You will find more fun in riding a bicycle than driving a car. There is a misconception about mountain bike is that Best Mountain Bikes are luxury commodities.
Nowadays, manufacturers include great features in lower price mountain bikes for the rising competitions. These Best Mountain Bikes Under 300 are specially designed for the people who love luxury bikes but in a budgetary range.
Don’t worry about the quality and comfort. Here we are going to talk about the brand manufacturers who maintain their quality strictly.
Reviews of the Best Mountain Bikes Under $300
Lots of mountain bikes are in the market for you. Buying a perfect mountain bike when you are on a budget is a tough task but not rocket science. Which one is the best mountain bike? This question has no answer. You will get a different type of ride from each one. This review will help to find you the best one which fits you the best. Here are our top ten Mountain Bikes Under 300 dollars.
1. Vilano 26” Mountain Bike Ridge 2.0 MTB 21 Speed Shimano
This nice looking mountain bike is perfect for your road and off-road adventures! It has an expensive look and it rides very close to expensive bikes you have tried before. People love this bike for its great features with affordable price.
This bike is extremely strong and lightweight as most of the components are made of aluminum. And it is made of 6061 aluminum which is stronger than regular aluminum. 26” mag rims are trued much better than any other spooked bike.
The wheels look great and the all-purpose tires will cover terrain from dirt roads to trails. Shimano components and exceptional suspension forks with lockout system ensure your fun and safe riding.
The Shimano 21 speeds drivetrain lets you change gears smoothly. Mechanical disc brakes provide you maximum stopping power.
For its great look and performance, it is a good choice for the newbie riders. The Vilano Ridge 2.0 MTB is a fun looking impressive entry level bike for cruising around the neighborhood, trail riding and ride to work.
- Double Butted 6061 Aluminum Frame with two different sizes: 17” and 20”
- 26” Alloy Mag Wheels
- Suspension Fork with Lockout for more flexibility
- Shimano EF – 51 Integrated Brake Levers for good friction
- Mechanical Brake Disc and dependable shifting.
- 21 Speeds for Fun Wherever You Ride
- Best affordable mountain bike
- Assembly is fairly easy
- The chain tends to come out off the sprocket if you shift too quickly.
- Its not easy airing up the tires.
2. Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mountain Bike
Are you an intermediate level rider? Want to buy a mountain bike which will get your money’s worth pretty quickly? Merex Finnis 26” Aluminum 21 Speed Mountain Bike is perfect for you and you won’t be disappointed.
It features heated aluminum frame, 26” double wall rim wheels, Shimano 21 speeds derailleur, front and rear mechanical disc brake and reliable suspension fork.
Heated aluminum frame and aluminum wheel rim made this bike extremely strong and light which won’t rust while trail riding.
Dual mechanical disc brakes system of this mountain bike ensures more efficient brake performance. You would only find this dual brake system on higher priced mountain bikes.
Merax Finiss is one of the best mountain bike under $300. Most importantly, this sporty looking bike assures your safety while on the trail.
It comes almost 85% assembled, so you need not take it to a mechanic. Just install the pedals, front wheel, handlebar, air up and enjoy the ride.
- Because of its heated aluminum frame, it is lightweight and strong.
- Sporty looking 26” double wall aluminum rim wheels for easier rolling.
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes for safe stopping power.
- Shimano 21 speeds for quick and reliable shifting.
- Easy to assemble
- This bike is for anybody under 200lbs
- Braking system may create some minor issues.
3. Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Laurito Hardtail Complete Mountain Bike
You found it! If you are searching for a perfect women’s mountain bike for a great price. The Diamondback Bicycles are always in demand. This bike will perform great in your daily activities and short trips on mountain trails.
It has a beautiful framework. This sleek and powerful bike comes with 6061-T6 Heat treated aluminum frame. The frame has eyelets let you mount fenders and a rack.
Its 27.5 inches wheels will roll smoothly over any hard trails and allow you tension free ride. These are big and wide. All cyclists love larger wheels.
The wheels also feature quick release hubs for easy replacement. Shimano 7 speed rear derailleur coupled with 3 chainrings give you 21 speeds.
Some reviews say that it is a perfect mountain bike for the beginners, but you can use it in your weekend adventure travel in mountain trails. You might need professional help for alignment.
- 6061-T6 Heat treated aluminum frame
- 27.5” wheel for smooth ride on any surface.
- Adjustable seat with the wider saddle
- Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur coupled with 3 chainrings
- Linear pull breaks provide you quick response when you need to stop.
- Easy to assemble and it takes only a few minutes.
- No kickstand included.
- Slightly hard saddle
4. Vilano Blackjack 3.0 29er Mountain Bike
This beast can take you anywhere you want to ride! The frame is lightweight, handcrafted 6061 aluminum together with suspension fork allow you to cruise anywhere whether it is trail, dirt road & path, or pavement.
One of the main features of this mountain bike is the shifting system. It features 24 Speeds which is reliable, smooth, precise and modern. Shimano 8 speed EF-51 Easyfire shifter provides accurate, easy and smooth shifting.
Mechanical disc brakes provide maximum stopping power in all conditions. The double walled rims and 29 inches wheels and 29 x 2.1tires give you stability while exploring challenging trails. It also has two high-end disc brakes.
Front and rear disc brakes provide you maximum power that you need when stopping. 80mm travel suspension fork efficiently absorbs shocks when you ride over rooks.
Finding the best $300 Mountain Bike is always difficult. This is a great well-constructed bike. Only hydraulic brake will be a great upgrade only. Without any hesitation you can buy this bike, satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Hand built hydroformed alloy frame
- 3.09mm diameter seat post which saves weights
- Mechanical front and rear disc brakes give great stopping power.
- Large 29er double walled rim wheels and 29×2.1 tires
- 24 speeds and an upgraded drivetrain
- 80mm travel suspension fork
- The seat does not provide enough comfort.
5. Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike
Looking for a strong mountain bike which will keep you stable while bumping on a rooky trail? Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike is a lightweight, strong aluminum frame mountain bike; this is for you.
This bike is made of sturdy, lightweight aluminum, protects you while moving fast. Frame features a steel crown fork. It controls your bike off the large bumps on the roads.
Its 21 Speed Shimano derailleur allows quick and easy shifting. Wheels with 26 inches alloy rims keep you stable and safe.
You need not to worry about anything since this bike is with you. If you know how to assemble a bike, then it would be the best deal.
- Full suspension aluminum frame with Steel crown fork.
- 26 inches alloy rims
- 21 speed with Shimano derailleur with 3 pieces crankset
- Kickstand included
- Alloy seat clamp
- Needs professional tools to assemble and tune it
- Bottom brackets need to be tightened.
6. Schwinn Men’s High Timber 27.5″ Wheel Mountain Bicycle
Schwinn Men’s High Timber mountain bike is a sturdy mountain bike which comes with several unique features. It comes with a new Schwinn mountain frame which is mainly designed for challenging ride.
It has an excellent suspension fork for better control and safety. It features 21 speeds and Shimano derailleur for quick gear change whenever or wherever you need. And 3 pieces alloy crank offers you wide gear range.
It comes with traditional 26 inches wheel for easy acceleration. Another feature of this bike is its quick release saddle. It can be easily adjusted to each rider’s height. Its front alloy V brakes offer a quick bike control.
Schwinn Men’s High Timber is technically a men’s high-quality mountain bike. But you can also use this for carrying children, household chores and for work. Schwinn is the biking friend that made for you for cruising around, commuting and weekend fun times.
- Shimano rear derailleur with Shimano twist shifters
- 21 speeds, 3 piece alloy crankset
- Alloy V brakes for perfect stopping power
- Excellent mountain style frame with a front suspension fork
- Alloy wheels
- The seat is a little uncomfortable
- Assembling front wheel is a though task
7. Mongoose Stasis Comp 26-Inch Full Suspension Mountain Bicycle
Mongoose Stasis Comp is full suspension aluminum mountain bike that means it is durable, lightweight and comfortable. Its frame and full suspension fork will keep you stable while riding on the roughest trails.
This mountain bike has matte red color which made it more attractive. This bike has front and rear disc brake, which offers great stopping power whenever you need. Three piece crankset gives you a wide range of gears.
The wheels are very easy to release. This quick release system allows you easy maintenance while you are on the trail. 21 Speed Shimano rear derailleur will help you get easy gear shifting. SRAM twist shifters offer a smooth gear shifting.
Mongoose Stasis Com 26 – Inches Full suspension Mountain Bike is a good option for the adventure seekers while on a budget. If you are searching for the best MTBs under 300 dollars, then it is a perfect choice. It has plenty of great features in such a price.
- Full suspension strong and lightweight aluminum frame
- Shimano rear derailleur with SRAM twist shifters
- Alloy rims with a quick release front wheel
- 21 speeds, 3 piece crankset
- Front and rear brakes provide great stopping power.
- Recommended for riders 5’3” or above
- Often brakes create squeaking sound.
- The seat does not provide enough comfort.
- Plastic chain guard.
8. Mantis Orchid 26 Full Suspension Bicycle
Mantis Orchid 26 inches women’s full suspension mountain is a great entry level mountain bike. It is a great choice for your daily commute to and from work, on trails and through the city.
This mountain bike comes with a sturdy steel frame. Steel is known as a heavy metal and it has a great advantage. It increases your bike’s stability. It has a full suspension fork system on both the front and rear wheel.
It ensures a comfortable ride irrespective of the terrain. Safety features like V brakes give you more control of your bike when you ride at high speed.
It is a challenge to find a perfect women’s mountain bike. Because some factors need to consider. Mantis Orchid 26 Full Suspension Bicycle is the solution for this challenge. Its unique design allows easy and convenient ride for women with different sizes.
- 17 inches steel suspension frame with steel suspension fork
- Aluminum rims with 26 x 1.95-inch tires
- Kickstand included
- Front and rear V brakes
- Shimano Tourney TZ30 rear derailleur with twist shifters
- 21 speed
- The pedals are mostly plastic
- Rear wheel gear discs are small
- Heavier than aluminum built bikes
9. Viliano Ridge 1.0 Mountain Bike MTB 21 Speed Shimano
If you are looking for an entry level mountain bike and on a budget, Viliano Ridge 1.0 Mountain Bike is a perfect choice. This bike has such great features that allow you to take it to different landscapes.
This bike features a strong and lightweight double-butted 6061 Aluminum frame and alloy rims. Its great suspension system gives a tension free safe and enjoyable ride.
It comes with Shimano front (Shimano Tourney TZ50) and rear (Shimano TZ30) derailleur 21 Speed which is great for trails, dirt paths and town riding. Its mechanical disc brakes give you plenty of stopping power in terrible weather conditions.
This well-outfitted MTB 26”wheel bike is always ready for a weekend fun ride or even the ride to work. This newbie rider bike will be great for casual riding, riding around the neighborhood, and riding around rocky paths. This awesome bike is well worth the price. You must have one!
- Heavy duty double-butted aluminum frame and alloy rims
- Powerful mechanical disc brakes
- Steady and dependable steel suspension forks
- Shimano integrated levers and 21 speeds
- Shimano EF – 51 Easyfire 7sp shifters
- 26” wheel
- After a long ride the seat sometimes feels uncomfortable.
- Forks may create a clunk when you lift the front wheel over an obstacle.
- Tires are not of best quality.
10. Nashbar AT1 29er Mountain Bike
Getting a mountain bikes under $300? And you don’t want to compromise with the features? Nashbar AT1 29er Mountain Bike is the complete bike for its great features and price.
This red color It has the steel hardtail MTB frame and comes in three different sizes: 17, 19 and 21. So, you can choose what fits you the best.
Larger wheels are best for mountain riding. Its 29er wheels give you the freedom to roll over the rooky trail. Its hardtail frame and suspensions allow the riders to have a comfortable ride. 7-speed drivetrain gives large gear options.
Its stylish look and red color are very attractive. It is one of the best bikes in the market for its large 29er wheel and powerful V brakes. It is upgradeable, so you can upgrade your own feature that fits you the most.
- Steel Hardtail MTB frame gives you stiffness and safety.
- Powerful alloy V – brakes allow you to stop quickly and safely.
- 29er wheel to ride over rough surface and obstacle easily.
- Fully upgradeable, so you don’t need to buy a new one.
- No assembly instruction so you need to find a qualified bike mechanic.
- It has heavier metal construction.
Things Need To Know About The Best Mountain Bikes under 300 Before Buy
Buying a mountain bike is not an easy task. You need to consider many factors while searching for the best mountain bike in the market. Picking the right bike can be more complicated for the new buyers. This buying guide will help you let you know the necessary things while you are in the market.
Mountain Bike Types
Perhaps this is the most important factor you need to know. There are different types of mountain bikes for different purposes. That means there are confusing range of bicycles to choose from.
- Hardtail: Shocks at front
- Full Suspension: Shocks at the back and rear
- Rigid: Without any suspension
Frame material should be enough strong and durable. Both the steel and aluminum are strong and durable. Lightweight or heavyweight? MTB frames are made either aluminum or steel.
As steel is heavier metal than aluminum so the aluminum bike has light features. Heavy equipment has more stability. Aluminum bikes are also sturdy, lightweight and appropriate for speed lovers.
Mountain bikes are available from single gear to 30 or more gears. Mountain bikes traditionally have three chainrings to provide a variety of easy gears. It is easy to modify gear numbers whenever you want.
Disc brakes are complicated and powerful. They deliver maximum power in mud and rain. V brakes are lightweight and easy to use. Maintaining V brakes is an easy task. You just need to change the cables and pads when needed.
Mountain bikes have three different wheels sizes:
- 26 inches: This the main size wheels. Most of the mountain bike has this type of wheels.
- 29 inches: For more momentum, this type of wheels are very popular. It also gives easy roll over the facility on obstacles.
- 27.5 inches: This combines the facilities of both 26 inches and 29 inches. It is still new and rare wheel size.
- 24 inches: Kids mountain bike usually have this wheel size
There are plenty of options to consider when you want to buy a mountain bike under 300 dollars. Just pay attention to the features and think about your personal need. Hope this review and buying guide will be helpful to find an exciting mountain bike for you.